Thursday, August 27, 2009

Quick! I Must Write This Before I Have Something Else To Do!

So all of you won't think Stuart and I have fallen off of the face of the earth, here is a very short synopsis of our lives lately:

* Guests, Guests, Guests!
-We had Noah up for all of last week and had a ton of fun! We took him to Bojangles (of course), watched movies, and he and Stuart even had a fun "guy night" together.
- On Saturday, Noah's last day here, Phil and some of the Freeman's came up to go hiking at Peaks of Otter and eat pizza with us.
- We're meeting up with Dad Graydon tonight to eat dinner together and pick up Suzanne, who will be staying with us for a week. We have lots of fun things planned!
- Next weekend my family is coming up to stay the weekend, and help me celebrate the old birthday.

* School
- I'm currently sitting in on an English class at LU on Tuesdays and Thursdays (hurray for free education) at the request of some friends and a professor in the English Dept.
- Preparing to take the GRE, which for those of you who don't know, is the test you have to take to get into grad school...kind of like the SAT, just another level up. So, a lot of studying right now. Haha! It doesn't help that I'm pretty much horrible at taking these kinds of tests...I'm dead serious. I get all nervous under timed tests, and bored, and fidgety, and usually end up doing bad on them.

* Job Hunting
- I may have found a little something on this front. I'm in contact with a woman who runs a school and wants get someone to prep/tutor students for the SAT and critique essays and such...and that person would be me. So hopefully, that will work out. I'm not sure though.

*Normal Life
- I cook, I clean, I write letters, go to church, have quiet times, read books, take care of Stuart (not hard because he's so easy to please!), grocery shop...all of you ladies will know the drill!

So as you can see I've been pretty busy as of late! I'm very thankful for it, but it does mean I have not blogged for almost two weeks! So sorry everyone!

Have a great weekend! Do something fun!


Love,

3 comments:

  1. Yay i can finally post! Sounds like yall are keeping verrrrry busy. I hope that yall have a great time with Suzanne, and after that, your family.

    I love reading your blogs, keep up the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot's going on, but good stuff! I hope your birthday is so special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy, busy...you guys are aceing this hospitality thing! Seriously, I don't think Seth and I would have been so generous with our weekends by sharing them - even with loved ones - when we were first married. We were very selfish about our free time, so my hat is off to you guys. Love you and look forward to seeing you soon. Are you guys coming up to Labor Day?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...