Monday, June 29, 2009

Quick Update #4

Happy Monday!

Well, Harrison is finishing up a week long visit with us and is going home today (big tears of sadness). We've had fun watching movies, hiking, etc. I really don't want him to go, but I know a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I did suggest he live with us however....

Over the weekend we had another fiasco with the house. Our toilet beside the kitchen overflowed one night after Harrison took a shower. Obviously we have a blockage somewhere. There was ummmm....errr.....excrement.... everywhere! All over the bathroom obviously, but it seeped into the kitchen, under the refrigerator, and into the pantry. It was putrid to say the very least. I had to go outside a couple of times while we were cleaning it up because I was so nauseous.

This was at 2am (we had stayed up late talking and watching a movie). Stuart called the emergency plumbing number to no avail. The toilet kept rising at the slightest hint of water. So once again, no toilets, no washing hands, definitely no showers, dishwasher, or clothes washer either. We waited and waited.....finally at 4am we gave up and went to bed, but not after scrubbing down the kitchen multiple times as well as ourselves (in the tub without draining the water, it was not fun). Nobody came until yesterday afternoon sometime....apparently its fixed now, but.....I'm not putting anything in the pantry for awhile just in case!

The other big news around here is that there's a bear in our midst! A real live one right here in our neighborhood! Stuart got an email this morning warning everyone to keep their children inside. Its torn up some bird feeders and made a couple appearances on people's lawns.

Well, that's about it for right now besides I've been searching for a job like crazy. Pray that I find one!

Until Next Time,



3 comments:

  1. Man, that sounds like that would really suck. I might even say "PISS" if I had been there. Oh wait, I was. HAHAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley, the "fun" just doesn't stop for you guys!!!

    No, seriously, I'm so very sorry. Bleh. We have never had that exact thing happen to J & me, but I recall that happening to my parents in Yorkville and cleaning up messes well into the 2-3am....

    Praying for your job! Can't wait to see you, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Haley. Sounds like you two are doing good at rolling with the punches though. Much love to ya both!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...